|(a) To be certified as a vehicle inspection station,
the station's facilities must meet the standards listed in paragraphs
(1) - (7) of this subsection:
(1) be of a permanent type;
(2) have a permanent roof;
(3) have a minimum of two permanent walls constructed
of substantial material such as steel, masonry or wood that is effective
at protecting the building and equipment from the elements;
(4) have a hard surfaced floor;
(5) have a display area located in the customer waiting
area and of sufficient size as approved by the department. Only official
notices, licenses, letters from the department, procedure charts,
or other documents authorized by the department may be exhibited in
the display area;
(6) a secured area for storage of records and necessary
(7) a designated customer waiting area protected from
(b) Inspection area--The designated space approved
for inspection purposes. Inspection areas must meet the standards
listed in paragraphs (1) - (6) of this subsection.
(1) Be an area of 12 feet wide by 24 feet long of minimum
space and must be of a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
(2) Be clear of obstacles and debris that would interfere
with the safe operation of a vehicle and inspection of required items.
(3) Be sufficiently lighted to afford good visibility
for performing all inspection procedures.
(4) Be contained entirely within a building and protected
from the elements.
(5) Satisfy the applicable building and space requirements
as described in this section.
(6) The inspection area for a motorcycle only station
must be at least eight feet wide by ten feet long, level and hard
(c) A vehicle inspection station may have an additional
area approved by the department for the inspection of motor homes
and trailers. This area may be located outside the building.