The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have
the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Act--Texas Government Code, Title 8, Subtitle G, as amended.
(2) Alternate payee--A spouse, former spouse, child, or other
dependent of a member or retiree who is recognized by a domestic relations
order, as having a right to receive all or a portion of the benefits payable
by the system with respect to such member or retiree.
(3) Benefits--Any of the payments or benefits described in §129.6(a)
and (b) of this title (relating to Order Should Divide All Benefits).
(4) Domestic relations liaison--A person (who may or may not
be an employee of the system) who is designated by the director of the system
to receive and take action concerning domestic relations orders that are sent
or delivered to the system.
(5) Domestic relations order--Any judgment, decree, or order
(including one which approves a property settlement agreement) which:
(A) relates to the provision of child support, temporary support,
or marital property rights to a spouse, former spouse, child, or other dependent
of a member or former member of the system; and
(B) is made pursuant to the Family Code or any other applicable
domestic relations or community property law.
(6) Participant--A member or former member of the system who
has sums of money on deposit with the system or who is or may become entitled
to receive any benefit from the system based on membership in the system.
(7) Parties--The participant and all alternate payees named
in a domestic relations order.