|(a) A lead instructor must conduct an approved CFT
course, but may utilize assistance from a training cadre, as the lead
instructor deems appropriate.
(b) In order to be eligible to conduct a training course,
a lead instructor must have:
(1) a minimum of 25 days of prescribed burns as the
individual solely responsible for the prescribed burn;
(2) participated in any position on a burn, with a
minimum of 50 days of burns, with at least 75% of those days on prescribed
(3) a minimum of 35 days of prescribed burn management;
(4) taken or taught a Board approved certified and
insured prescribed burn manger course or be qualified as a NWCG Prescribed
Burn Boss Type 2 (RXB2) or higher; and
(5) made at least 10 presentations of technical information
to groups in a formal setting.
(c) Lead instructors must be approved by the Board.