The terms in this section have the following meanings when
used in this chapter unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) Act--Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1702.
(2) Application--Includes an application for an original,
renewal, duplicate or updated registration, endorsement, commission,
or license issued under the Act.
(3) Board--The Texas Private Security Board.
(4) Department--The Texas Department of Public Safety.
(5) Licensee--A company licensed under the Act.
(6) Mechanical security device--Any device designed
to control the opening or closing of a room, building, safe, vault,
lockbox, safety deposit box, or motor vehicle, and which is not an
electric access control device or alarm system as defined by the Act.
(7) Registrant--An individual who holds a registration,
endorsement, or commission under the Act.
(8) SOAH--The State Office of Administrative Hearings.
(9) Television camera or still camera system--Any device
or system of devices that produces a visual image or series of images
either recorded, transmitted through an intranet or internet protocol
based device, or monitored by security personnel, for the purposes
of private security or surveillance. The phrase does not refer to
a television camera or still camera system used exclusively:
(A) To monitor traffic conditions on public roads;
(B) To detect motor vehicle violations on public roads;
(C) For telephone or video conferencing;
(D) To monitor a manufacturing process;
(E) For medical purposes by medical practitioners;
(F) By a courtroom reporter or videographer to record
depositions or testimony; or
(G) By a licensed private investigator who installs,
operates, and maintains ownership of the system for the purposes of
an ongoing investigation.