All oil well servicing bulk sand handling facilities that operate according
to the following conditions of this section are permitted by rule.
(1) All sand shall be prewashed.
(2) All handling of sand shall be mechanical or, if conveyed
pneumatically, the conveying air shall be vented to the atmosphere through
a fabric filter(s) having a maximum filtering velocity of 4.0 feet per minute
(ft/min) with mechanical cleaning or 7.0 ft/min with air cleaning.
(3) All permanent in-plant roads and vehicle work areas
shall be watered, treated with dust-suppressant chemicals, oiled, or paved
and cleaned as necessary to achieve maximum control of dust emissions.
(4) The facility (including associated stationary equipment
and stockpiles) shall be located at least 300 feet from any recreational area,
school, residence, or other structure not occupied or used solely by the owner
of the property upon which the facility is located.
(5) Before construction begins, the owner or operator
shall file with the commission's Office of Permitting, Remediation, and Registration
in Austin a completed Form PI-7 and supporting documentation demonstrating
that all of the requirements of the permit by rule will be met.