|(a) Notice of Hearing. The Chief Clerk of Proceedings
shall notify the parties in writing, by verifiable means, of the date,
time, place, and nature of the hearing no later than 10 days before
the hearing date. SOAH shall notify the parties of a hearing no later
than 30 days before the hearing date for a hearing under Labor Code §407.046(b).
(b) Contents. The notice of hearing must include:
(1) a statement of the time, place, and nature of the
(2) the docket number;
(3) the legal authority and jurisdiction under which
the hearing will be held;
(4) a reference to the particular sections of the statutes
and any rules involved;
(5) a notice regarding failure to appear and default
(6) a short, plain statement of the matters asserted.
(c) Alternative Submission. In lieu of the Chief Clerk
of Proceedings, the division's representative may provide the reference
to the statutes and any rules involved, nature of the hearing, and
the short, plain statement of the matters asserted.
(d) Administrative Violation Notice of Hearing; Default.
(1) A person who receives a notice of hearing under §180.8(c)
of this title (relating to Notices of Violation; Notices of Hearing;
Default Judgments) must file a written answer or other responsive
pleading with the Chief Clerk of Proceedings within 20 days of receipt
of the notice as required by §180.8(c) of this title.
(2) Failure to file the required answer or pleading
constitutes a default, and the division may seek informal disposition
by default under §180.8(f) and (g) of this title.
(e) Notice of Hearing under Labor Code §407.046(b)
(1) SOAH shall notify, in writing, a certified self-insurer
and the Chief Clerk of Proceedings of the date, time, place, and nature
of a hearing concerning the intent of the division to revoke a certificate
of self-insurance under Labor Code §407.046.
(2) The notice must be sent no later than 30 days before
the hearing date.
(3) The notice must include:
(A) the notice required under Government Code §2001.052,
(B) a notice regarding failure to appear and default