The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Board--the Texas Higher Education Coordinating
(2) Child--a child 25 years of age or younger, including
an adopted child.
(3) Clinical preceptor or preceptor--a registered nurse
or other license health professional who meets the requirements below,
not paid as a faculty member by the governing board of an institution
of higher education, but who directly supervises a nursing student's
clinical learning experience in a manner prescribed by a signed written
agreement between the educational institution, preceptor and affiliating
agency. A clinical preceptor has the following qualifications:
(A) competence in designated areas of practice,
(B) a philosophy of health care congruent with that
of the nursing program,
(C) current licensure or privilege as a registered
nurse in the State of Texas, and
(D) if not a registered nurse, holds a current license
in Texas as a health care professional with a minimum of a bachelor's
degree in that field.
(4) Commissioner--the Commissioner of Higher Education,
the Chief Executive Officer of the Board.
(5) Institution of Higher Education or Institution--any
public technical institute, public junior college, public senior college
or university, medical or dental unit or other agency of higher education
as defined in Texas Education Code, §61.003(8).
(6) Program--the Exemption Program for Clinical Preceptors
and Their Children.
(7) Resident of Texas--a resident of the State of Texas
as determined in accordance with Chapter 21, Subchapter B of this
title (relating to Determination of Resident Status). Nonresident
students who are eligible to pay resident tuition rates are not residents
(8) Tuition--includes statutory tuition, designated
tuition and Board-authorized tuition.
(9) Undergraduate professional nursing program--a public
educational program for preparing students for initial licensure as
|Source Note: The provisions of this §22.303 adopted to be effective November 28, 2005, 30 TexReg 7872; amended to be effective August 25, 2008, 33 TexReg 6818; amended to be effective February 28, 2012, 37 TexReg 1336