The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Board--the Texas Higher Education Coordinating
(2) Child--a child 25 years of age or younger, including
an adopted child.
(3) Commissioner--the Commissioner of Higher Education,
the Chief Executive Officer of the Board.
(4) Full-time member of faculty or staff--an individual
who is classified by the human resources department of his or her
institution of higher education as employed full-time.
(5) Graduate professional nursing program--an educational
program of a public institution of higher education that prepares
students for a master's or doctoral degree in nursing.
(6) Institution of Higher Education or Institution--any
public technical institute, public junior college, public senior college
or university, medical or dental unit or other agency of higher education
as defined in Texas Education Code, §61.003(8).
(7) Resident of Texas--a resident of the State of Texas
as determined in accordance with Chapter 21, Subchapter B of this
title (relating to Determination of Resident Status). Nonresident
students who are eligible to pay resident tuition rates are not residents
(8) Tuition--includes statutory tuition, designated
tuition and board-authorized tuition.
(9) Undergraduate professional nursing program--a public
educational program for preparing students for initial licensure as
|Source Note: The provisions of this §22.293 adopted to be effective November 28, 2005, 30 TexReg 7872; amended to be effective August 25, 2008, 33 TexReg 6818; amended to be effective February 28, 2012, 37 TexReg 1336