The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Board--The Texas Higher Education Coordinating
(2) Commissioner--The Commissioner of Higher Education,
the Chief Executive Officer of the Board.
(3) Graduate, To--To complete all the academic requirements,
including course work and examinations, for graduation from high school.
This definition does not apply to individuals who meet these requirements
but choose to continue enrollment beyond the end of the term in which
they meet the graduation requirements.
(4) Institutional aid--Funds which have not originated
from any government source.
(5) Program Officer--The individual named by each participating
institution's chief executive officer to serve as agent for the Board.
The Program Officer is responsible for all activities with respect
to the program, including all records and reports reflecting program
transactions. Unless otherwise indicated by the administration, the
director of student financial aid shall serve as Program Officer.
(6) Resident of Texas--A resident of the State of Texas
as determined in accordance with Chapter 21, Subchapter B of this
title (relating to Determination of Resident Status). Nonresident
students who are eligible to pay resident tuition rates are not residents
|Source Note: The provisions of this §21.951 adopted to be effective August 16, 2004, 29 TexReg 7979; amended to be effective August 15, 2006, 31 TexReg 6335; amended to be effective November 27, 2007, 32 TexReg 8495; amended to be effective May 21, 2008, 33 TexReg 3941; amended to be effective February 28, 2012, 37 TexReg 1331