The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall
have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Coordinating Board--the Texas Higher Education
(2) Commissioner--the Commissioner of Higher Education.
(3) Advisory Committee--the Advisory Committee on Research
Programs appointed by the Coordinating Board pursuant to Texas Education
(4) Research program--the Norman Hackerman Advanced
(5) Technology program--the Advanced Technology Program.
(6) Technology transfer program--the Technology Development
and Transfer Program.
(7) Research funding programs--the Norman Hackerman
Advanced Research Program, Advanced Technology Program, and Technology
Development and Transfer Program.
(8) Eligible public institution--an institution of
higher education, as defined by Texas Education Code, §61.003(8).
(9) Eligible independent institution--a private institution
of higher education eligible to grant degrees in Texas as defined
in Texas Education Code, §61.003(15).
(10) Investigator--an applicant whose name appears
as a principal investigator, co-investigator, or collaborating investigator
on a pre-proposal or full proposal submitted for any of the research
(11) Supplemental grants program--the Supplemental
Grants Program for High School Teachers.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §14.1 adopted to be effective March 2, 2003, 28 TexReg 1857; amended to be effective August 11, 2004, 29 TexReg 7673; amended to be effective August 26, 2009, 34 TexReg 5681; amended to be effective November 24, 2013, 38 TexReg 8442