|(a) Definitions. The following words and terms, when
used in this section, shall have the following meanings.
(1) On-line training course--A training course developed
by the Commission that is accessible on the Commission's website and
may be taken at any time.
(2) On-site training course--A training course conducted
by a Commission employee held at a specified date, time, and location.
(3) Primary training course--Comprehensive initial
training required for all individuals who have never held a valid
certificate of completion.
(4) Continuing education course--Refresher training
for individuals who have held a valid certificate of completion.
(5) Certificate of completion--Documentation issued
by the Commission certifying an individual's completion of the training
program that is valid for two years.
(b) Training format. The training program is offered
in two formats--on-site and on-line. Individuals may choose an on-site
or on-line training course.
(c) Required training.
(1) At all times the bingo chairperson and a designated
agent of a unit must have a valid certificate of completion for the
training program unless the organization is a member of a unit that
designates a unit manager under §2001.437 of the Bingo Enabling
Act. A designated unit manager must have a valid certificate of completion
for the training program.
(2) All individuals listed in paragraph (1) of this
subsection who have not previously been issued a certificate of completion
are required to take the primary training course.
(3) Subsequent training requirements may be met by
taking either a primary or continuing education training course.
(4) As part of the terms of a Commission order, the
Commission may direct one or more members of a licensed authorized
organization to complete the primary or continuing education training
course within a specified timeframe, regardless of whether or not
the individual(s) has a valid certificate of completion.
(d) Optional training. Other individuals including
operators, officers, directors, or members of a licensed authorized
organization may take a training course.
(e) Content of the primary training course. The primary
training course covers, at a minimum, the following areas:
(1) Overview of the Bingo Enabling Act and Charitable
Bingo Administrative Rules;
(2) Conducting a bingo game;
(3) Record keeping requirements;
(4) Administration and operation of charitable bingo;
(5) Promotion of a bingo game;
(6) Bingo Advisory Committee; and
(7) General information about the license application
(f) On-site training course.
(1) Notice of the specified date, time and location
of scheduled on-site training courses will be posted on the Commission's
website and published in the Bingo Bulletin.
(2) A person attending an on-site training course should
(A) completing an electronic submission form prescribed
by the Commission located on the Commission's website; or
(B) telephoning the Commission's headquarters location
and providing the information requested on the form prescribed by
(3) To confirm attendance, each individual attending
a training course must sign the attendance sheet provided by the Commission
at the training course.
(4) A person must attend a complete course to receive
a certificate of completion.
(5) The Commission instructor has discretionary authority
to determine whether a person has attended a complete course in order
to receive the certificate of completion.
(6) All reasonable and necessary expenses or costs
of attendance by any member of the licensed authorized organization
may be paid from the licensed authorized organization's bingo bank
account. Expenses and costs are limited to travel, lodging, meals,
(7) In the event the Charitable Bingo Operations Division
cancels the on-site training, reasonable effort will be made to notify
persons who have pre-registered.
(g) On-line training course. Persons taking the on-line
training course must:
(1) complete the training modules as specified on the
Commission's website; and
(2) obtain a certificate of completion through the
automated program on the website.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §402.103 adopted to be effective February 10, 2009, 34 TexReg 809; amended to be effective January 28, 2010, 35 TexReg 480; amended to be effective September 13, 2012, 37 TexReg 7088